I look at the New England Patriots and hey I remember, they really sucked for many many years before Brady/Belichick. So, here's hoping.
What do I say about this team and it's future. Well, I can't believe we don't have a passing game. It's been evident all year. Who would have thought we would have such an incredible running and defensive team? Both are still strong. The Bengals are still very very young and so the future is bright. There's only one thing that concerns me and here's where I come clean with my brother Steve.
Carson Palmer has lost it. All year his passing has been poor. I do not blame the receivers and have been his biggest supporter. But now that the year is done it's time to see it for what it is. He is not as good as that 3/4 arm duck hurler in San Diego both from an accuracy and a decision maker standpoint. In 2005 and 2006 Carson looked amazing. Since then it's been a steady decline.
While I think we can fix the other areas, having Carson get back to his old self is the only thing keeping us from going deep in the playoffs. Carson may be the new Drew Bledsoe. I really hate to say this because I still love Carson (I've got a man crush on him!) but....we may need to draft a Brady.
All the pieces are in place, except a QB. If Carson plays well we easily win last night.
Last point. Goodbye to Shane "Golden" Graham. You were no Vinatieri.
There's still hope and I will look forward to the draft and the 2010 season. WHO DEY!
No comments:
Post a Comment