Thursday, July 3, 2008

Woefully behind on this blog!

Ok, I have so many things to write about. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time! So, I will bulletize my updates. News from the strange to the amazing...

1. Yesterday was my European birthday. Noodle on that for a while and comment if you know why!
2. My son Zach out of the sky blue said "Au Revoir" to me as I left the house! We have only been here 4 days! Heather and I are trying to say as much French as possible so we can dig in. Zach "The Parrot" Gerhardt is picking things up quickly. Tonight (and this will make my dear Father shutter) Zach called the car a "Voiture"!
3. Our goods from California showed up today my car included. The good news is that I can use it immediately. The bad news is the import process is going to be a major pain in the rump. Cool to get funny looks as I drove with my California plates on the freeway.
4. Nothing like moving to realize how much junk you have. It's a sinking feeling to watch people walk off a truck with boxes of your goods for 8 hours and think....someday I'll have even more to ship back. Like my Dad says "It takes being a dad to appreciate your dad". Dad -- I now know why we lived in Florida for 13 years. Boxes!!
5. Ate at the Mac for the 3rd time in 4 days. It won't continue like this when life settles down. You try and find a fast food place in Switzerland! Mickey Dees is about all you'll find. Only 2 Starbucks here by the way that I can find (in all of Switzerland).

Ok enough for now. Last month I did so many cool things with the Euro Cup that I need time to type out. Keep watching and I'll publish a bunch when I can. Au Revoir!

1 comment:

Meags said...

I love you dad! You rock! Sorry if when you come back I am slightly moody.
love ya,
Meagan aka Giggles