It's a rainy Saturday afternoon here and I have been meaning to get all this up on the blog. I prefer short crisp posts but I fear this one will be long. Ok I'll recap from our first week on.
So I went back to work and the rest of the family stayed home trying to get adjusted. I just have to say our new church(es) have been really great. We have connected with new people from all over the world. Of course, Geneve is a really international community so there are plenty of expats arriving every summer like us. We even met a family from Fullerton that arrived just like us (Dad's here at the end of Feb, kids July/August).
With church brought new friends and opportunities for summer fun. First, the family got started exploring our village of Gland. Pictures here - Gland
Looking at the Gland pictures Heather and I were saying - we've been to more parks in the past month then we have in the past year. There are a lot of fun kids parks here.
Thinking of cool parks this place is awesome. Signel de Bougy has become our favorite place to go as a family. Here's some photos -
It's hard to pick a highlight for the month but having a Weenie Roast in St. Sulpice has to be top two. We had a great time with the Slacks and the Dixons from the church in Lausanne. Martin is the pastor of the church and they too are new. They moved to the area from Britain in April. The Dixons are a couple we met back in October when we first visited Westlake in Nyon. Here's some pictures from that.
Our next Saturday was a weekend for Cheese & Chocolate. Gruyere and Broc Switzerland are pretty much the capitals for that. We toured up there with the Dixons. We had a great time! Fondue and all the chocolate you could eat. Talk about a stomach ache...but it was worth it!
The rest has been spent exploring Nyon and Lausanne. I think we are having a lot of fun but as we were told our highs are higher and the lows are lower. The girls started school...that was a success. Everyone is very friendly. We just try to take it one day at a time.
Well the NFL is here. I'll be watching the Bengals from Switzerland in my #9 jersey. Miss everyone! I'll try to put more posts up as I can. Leave us a message!
No comments:
Post a Comment